28 blanched almonds
Black gel food coloring
14 large pretzel rods
12 oz bright green candy coating (I use Wilton’s Vibrant Green Candy Melts. I buy them on Amazon along with everything else, ha ha!)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Yield 28 Witch Fingers
1. Paint each almond with black food coloring gel. Set aside to dry.
2. Break or cut each pretzel in half. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Place the green candy coating in microwave and melt in 30 second increments, stirring after every 30 seconds. Heat until candy is completely melted.
4. Dip the pretzel in the green coating leaving 1/2 inch section un-dipped.
5. Place dipped pretzel on baking sheet and place a black almond on the tip for “fingernail.”
6. When the coating is almost dry, but not set, take a toothpick and gently roll across the top and about half way down the finger to add wrinkles.
7. Refrige for 10 minutes to set the coating completely. Serve immediately or place in air tight container for up to one month
PS if you don’t want to use black food coloring at all, you can use regular almonds or chocolate-dipped almonds instead.
Have a spooktacular time with JNW’s Halloween Challenge! Enjoy!