Color Your World: 120 Days of Crayola; Wild Strawberry
Day 115 and it’s Wild Strawberry Day! Yum! Let’s see, what can we do with strawberries? Summer is right around the corner, let’s party!
Let’s make some Easy Strawberry Lemonade!
1 (12 fluid oz) can frozen lemonade concentrate
4 1/2 cups water
In a large pitcher mix together lemonade concentrate and water. Stir in Strawberries! Voila ! Done!
Now for the more serious drinker: Strawberry Lemonade Vodka
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 pt Fresh Strawberries
1 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice (about 8 lemons)
6 cups cold water or mixture with ice cubes
1 cup Vodka
- Make a simple syrup by combining 1 cup sugar with 1 cup of water in a saucepan.
- Place over medium heat until the sugar in completely dissolved; swirl the pan occasionally. Let cool.
- Once the simple syrup has cooled, puree strawberries in a food processor or blender with ½ cup water.
- In a large pitcher, combine ice, strawberry puree, simple syrup and lemon juice. If using the vodka, add it to the pitcher and stir to combine.
- Add 4-6 cups of cold water. The amount of water you use will depend on your tastes, so add as little or as much as you want to achieve desired sweet/tart balance.
- Rim your glasses with sugar before pouring, then garnish with fresh strawberries, oranges or lemon slices.
Wild Strawberry has been in the Crayola Collection since 1990. It is known as Rockets’ Red Glare in the “State Crayon Collection.”
This post is just one of many in the Color Your World: 120 Days of Crayola Challenge!
Check out some of the other 150+ challenge participants, it’s amazing what we have done with the Crayola colors!