Travel, Gardens, Food, Photography, Books, Shoes

Thursday Doors: Christmas L.I.S.T. (Life In a Small Town)

Looking Down Main Street

Looking Down Main Street

Today we are celebrating Christmas Thursday Doors in my small spot of the world! The views are along Main Street, our shopping area, one short block, from one stop light to the next. There are only two stoplights in town! The shops are along just one side of the street. Across the street from the shops is the library and the “green” where concerts are held in the summer and the kids play football in the winter. I hope you enjoy the tour! Merry Christmas!

They say our town population is 11,000, but that includes a wide country/farm area too. I’d say about three thousand of us actually live within walking distance (a mile or so) of town. We do not get mail delivery. We must go to the post office and pick it up. Of course, that’s how we keep up with all the goings on!!

The Village Store

The Village Store

The Ladies’ Garden Club make the Christmas arrangements to hang all around town.

The Work of the Garden Club

The Work of the Garden Club

The doors can be left open today, as I took these pictures on Sunday, December 18, the temperature was 66 degrees!

Local, Affordable and Handmade

Local, Affordable and Handmade

Most of our restaurants have outdoor seating, although in the summer it is so hot here, it is too hot to sit outside unless it is very early or very late in the day! In the background is Davidson College.

Mestizo Restaurant

Mestizo Restaurant

You have to have a Bike Shop!

The Bike Shop

The Bike Shop

And the Davidson College Shop always looks cheerful! When the college is closed for breaks it is very quiet on the streets!

Already For Santa

All Ready For Santa!

Now this is the “real deal” bookstore!

Mainstreet Books

Mainstreet Books

Sign at Books

Sign at Mainstreet Books

And we have nice banners to display lest you forget where you are!

Christmas Davidson

Christmas In Davidson

Nandina

Nandina

Raefords Barber Shop is an institution in town, been here forever!

Raefords Barber Shop

Raefords Barber Shop

We got new signs a few years back!

Park Here!

Park Here!

Monkee’s, the ladies apparel shop.

Monkee's, You Might Need a Bigger Closet

Monkee’s, You Might Need a Bigger Closet

And finally, everyone needs a Pickled Peach!

The Pickled Peach

The Pickled Peach

I hope you have enjoyed my spot in the world! See you in the New Year!

This is just one of many photos in the Thursday Door Collection featured by Norm2.0!   Won’t you join in or take a peak at all the doors?

PS……………….The BIG NEWS!!!! I have been working on a new blog site since October! So I will introduce it on January 1st! I will no longer be posting on this site after January 1st, although it will remain up to view. I have 3 years of work on this blog, too much to let just disappear!! My new blog features my photos much better and on the computer the website fills the entire screen! I hated having all the wasted space in my background, although I loved the black, it made my photos POP!  Well I was up for a change! So I hope to continue to hear from all of you in the New Year! Look for me at https://www.ThatTravelLadyInHerShoes, a slight change in name!

Big News

Big News

19 Responses to “Thursday Doors: Christmas L.I.S.T. (Life In a Small Town)”

1. sustainabilitea

Your town looks lovely and its Christmas decorations and decorating are beautiful! We haven’t seen 66 around here for quite some time, but at least this week it’s in the 20’s and 30’s. Last week we had a day where I woke to -10 and that didn’t include wind chill.

janet

2. dennyho

A very festive, colorful trip through your town. Good luck with your new site. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you.

3. circadianreflections

I think your town is lovely! I love the pots and sprigs the Ladies Club made for the town. I need to learn how to make some sprigs for the lanterns, and a swag to hang over my front door.

Best of luck with your new Blog! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

4. prior..

well I look forward to your new blog – and I also enjoyed the christmas in your small town door stroll…

now where is that mail place? I am ready for the scoop. 🙂

• CadyLuck Leedy

It’s our local post office! It has our biggest parking lot in town and if you are going to get run over this is going to be the place! When you go to the post you see many of your neighbors and get the current scoop and gossip!

5. Norm 2.0

Thanks for the tour. It looks like a lovely place. Gotta love a place named The Pickled Peach. Looking forward to seeing the new blog 🙂

6. Donna

Beautiful photos! Looks like exactly the kind of town that I would like to visit. I look forward to checking out your new blog soon!